- I am a linux, selfhosting, and nerd stuff enthusiast.
- I am N0YEP on the Amateur Radio bands, and in Amateur Radio related platforms.
- Network engineer by day, Live Sound Engineer, Set Lighting Engineer, and technology systems integrator by night.
This site is a direct rip and edit of The Smolweb project
Why is your site so ugly?
- Well. It’s easy to maintain and easy for the users to customize on their side. I come from the Linux and mainframe world where client side customization is paramount. That’s stuck with me my entire time because I want people to have software look the way they want.
- The web server is running on a beefed up ESP32 with an ethernet interface, and uses external RAM. Approximately 32mb of usable ram, and 10/100 ethernet. It is behind Cloudflare for tunneling purposes, Just makes it easier to manage, because who would colo something like that?
- Website Response Times - People want data more than pretty sites